For more information or to donate or preserve mining-related materials, please contact:
Program Administrator for Data Preservation
1300 W. Park Street
Natural Resources Bldg.,
|$ 0 - 5.00
$ 5.01 - 10.00
$ 10.01 - 20.00
$ 20.01 - 30.00
$ 30.01 - 50.00
$ 50.01 - 70.00
$ 70.01 - 90.00
$ 90.01 - 120.00
Montana Bureau of Mines and Geology Mining Archives disclaimer:
All documents held by the MBMG Mining Archives have been donated and therefore the information an individual might derive from any document is not guaranteed to be accurate, correct, or complete.
Specifically MBMG does not warrantee:
- The accuracy of the mining-related information within the Mining Archives.
- The reliability of findings based upon data from the maps and/or mining-related information.
- The reliability of findings from digital mapping programs.
- The completeness of the maps or mining-related reports, as they may not reflect prior- or more- recent mining.
- The accuracy of any georeferenced mine maps.
Popular Mining-Related Publications available from MBMG's Publication Office online catalog
or by calling 406-496-4167
- Misc 32 — Resources for Placer Mining
- R6 — Gold Placers of Montana
- SP 106 — Montana Placer Mining Best Management Practices
- SP 115 — Applied Gold Placer Exploration and Evaluation Techniques
(the above publications may be purchased as a package for a reduced rate)