Layers of the Earth
WHAT YOU NEED
- Playdough (different colours)
- Playdough knife or an eating knife
- Roll your first playdough in a small ball. This layer will be the inner core of the earth. We chose orange.
- Grab your second playdough and flatten it so that it can cover the ‘inner core’ (your first ball). This will be the outer core.
- Next get your third playdough and do just as you did in step 2 and cover both layers. This will be the mantle.
- Your last layer is the crust. To make this layer you flatten your fourth playdough and cover the other three layers.
- Once this is done, use your knife and cut the ball in 2.